Thank you for your interest in joining our team! We look forward to reading your application. Please read and follow the instructions completely to ensure your application is considered. If you are applying for more than one position, complete one application packet for each position.
Please complete the following steps:
- Read the required skills & experience on the other side of this page. The successful applicant will meet all requirements.
- Read the job description, duties, and physical requirements listed on the other side of this page. Applicants are expected to be able to perform or learn all of these duties within a period of a few weeks.
- Create a typed résumé detailing your education and work history. For each job you list, please detail your primary duties. Your résumé should demonstrate how your previous experiences have prepared you for this position; focus on the responsibilities or tasks that you think are most applicable. Please include any unpaid work that may be applicable, such as student work, internships, volunteer work, or work completed with scouts, youth groups, etc.
- Create a typed page or cover letter answering the following questions:
- Why are you applying for this job?
- What experience do you think most qualifies you for this job? (This is a chance to elaborate on key points from your résumé or include personal information you find relevant; please do not simply restate what is on your résumé.)
- Are there any concerns we may have about hiring you that you’d like to address?
- Complete a typed list of three references. For each reference, please provide their full name, title, and a valid phone number and/or email address. When selecting references, please consider the following:
- Professional, supervisory references are best (e.g. managers or employers who directly supervised you in a work setting);
- Professional, non-supervisory references are great (e.g. coworkers or employees who worked with you or are familiar with your work);
- References from teachers, scout leaders, or other people familiar with your work quality and ethic are pretty good;
- References from personal (non-work) friends are not ideal and should be used only if NO others references can be found;
- References from family members are not acceptable and will be disregarded.
- Hand in all application materials at the library or email to email@example.com NO LATER THAN SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13TH. We are located at 111 W 7th Ave, Bristow OK, 74010; our hours are Tuesday – Friday, 9 AM – 6 PM, and Saturday, 9 AM – 1 PM.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by phone or email. Please come prepared to answer questions about your interest in this job and your qualifications. Business casual attire is recommended. If you are not selected for an interview, you will not be notified. Your application will be kept on file for one year. Thank you for your time and interest and best of luck!
The library is looking for a creative and energetic person to join our team as a Children’s Specialist. This is a hands-on job that requires lots of people skills, learning how to use a constantly-evolving set of print and technological tools, and keeping up with trends in literature and library activities for children.
This is a part-time, hourly position. The hours are:
Tuesday 9 AM – 6 PM
Wednesday 9 AM – 6 PM
Occasional Saturdays 9 AM – 1 PM
Hours may be flexible, but two full days (9AM-6PM) are required.
This position will:
- Assist customers in discovering, locating, and using the library’s physical and digital resources;
- Assist patrons with basic functions of public PCs and with printing, copying, scanning, and faxing;
- Plan and implement regular library activities for children, including WEEKLY STORYTIMES, visits to schools and childcare programs, working collaboratively to organize the Summer Reading Program; and after school/Friday activities;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Required skills & experience:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to read and perform alphabetic and numeric sorting and filing;
- Ability to comfortably use computers for email, MS Office, and navigating the Internet;
- Ability to learn and demonstrate library’s automated systems and self-service tools on library computers and personal devices (e.g. mobile phones, tablets, personal computers);
- Experience working with children or young people;
- Driver’s license and personal vehicle for transportation to schools and childcare facilities;
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
This job regularly requires stooping, bending and light lifting such as three or four reams of paper, five to ten books, or other materials up to 20 pounds. This job occasionally requires lifting moderately heavy items (up to 40 pounds) such as boxes of books or pushing heavy (up to 100 pounds) wheeled carts full of books. During the Summer Reading Program, some events may require being outdoors in hot weather.
Please deliver the following documents. They may be dropped off in person during regular library hours, mailed, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Required: Résumé detailing work history and relevant skills
- Required: Supplemental Questions
- Optional: Cover Letter
Applications will be accepted until Saturday, October 13th. If you have any questions about this job posting, please email email@example.com