Spring is just now here – but you’ll want to get ready for summer and spending time outside. The library has a new collection of books to help you get out and enjoy the great outdoors.
Series Title Cool Great Outdoors: great things to do in the great outdoors:
- Cool outdoor activities by Kuskowski, Alex
Teaches readers outdoor games and amusements, from creating a giant tic-tac-toe board and a time capsule to playing hopscotch, a game with a water blaster, and dodgeball with sponges.
- Cool outdoor arts & crafts by Kuskowski, Alex
- Cool parks & trails by Hengel, Katherine
Teaches readers how to enjoy an outing at a park or on a trail, including filling a backpack, making such equipment as a snack pack and a decorated walking stick, playing trail bingo, and creating sculptures from natural materials.
- Cool backyard camping by Kuskowski, Alex
Teaches readers how to enjoy a camping experience at home, including equipment and supplies, building a campfire, amusements, and making wrapped hot dogs and s’mores.
- Cool birds & bugs by Hengel, Katherine
- Cool maps & geocaching by Hengel, Katherine
Teaches readers how to use a Global Positioning System receiver in order to find caches, or hidden objects, while out hiking, and learning orienteering.